Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tally-HO!

Well folks! This is it. We are winding down from our awe-inspiring adventure. Traveling through Beautiful British Columbia, the larger than life Yukon Territory and Alaska the last frontier was an experience that will never be forgotten.

For 74 days we called our 32 foot Allegro home. The wheels on the motor home rolled 6542 miles with another 5048 miles on the Honda tow car. Our eyed feasted upon the glory of this astounding place we call earth.

We dreamed big and conquered a few misgivings that bestowed us.

It didn't cost a dime to launch our kayaks, yet it cost $3860 in gas for the motor home alone to get to the destinations. We didn't keep a tally on the gas consumed in the Honda.

We always attempted to involve the dogs

and we made quite the effort to eat healthy. Thank you Chris and Steve for the experience of my life, fishing combat style on the famous Kenai River! I remain flabergasted at the amount of salmon and fishers lining the crowded bank. My heart will forever smile.

We carried 3 digital cameras, each employing  different activities for there use. Total pictures clicked, 6034! With millions taken with our eyes and mind.

Countless experiences....
We are now safely home, anxious to see all of our friends and pondering our next adventure.
I want to thank all of our followers. For your patience when we were unable to blog, for your comments that kept us inspired and for your faithful interest which made blogging a pleasure to share with you. Good wishes to you all!

2 comments:

  1. What????? You're back in Kent? I feel as if I've missed a few miles. Last I heard it seemed you were somewhere in northern B.C., contemplating a slow trek south. How did the Honda not put on more miles than the RV???? I mean, its wheels rolled over all the same distance as the RV, plus the additional miles to which you subjected the Honda when you released it from the RV. I am not good at math, but according to my calculations the Honda traveled 11,590 miles. I mention this because I fear you may be hurting the Honda's feelings by not giving it full credit for all the miles its long suffering wheels have rolled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. right you are my dear! The Honda packed on the miles but when it is being towed the odometer doesn't spin. Poor Casper, she really took a beating. I'm not sure it will ever be or look the same ever again!

    ReplyDelete