Thursday, June 14, 2012

10 PM and still so very light out!

 I walked down to the lake from our rig to take a few picture's as it is still so light outside.
 Dawson Peaks is the campgrounds name, so I assume this is Dawson's Peak. 
 With the water so calm I was tempted to launch the kayak but it was 10 PM, it should be bedtime not kayaking time!
Walking back from the lake the rig is lit up like it is 6 o'clock, not bedtime!  On to Whitehorse in the morning, looking forward to what a new day brings.....

4 comments:

  1. Yes, this is realy crazy! And we haven't hit the longest day of the year, nor are we even as far north as we will be in a couple more weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ladies!
    Thanks for sharing all about your trip! The images are wonderful. Makes me want to hit the road.
    Ciao for now!
    Curt

    ReplyDelete
  3. That new camera takes awfully good pics. My one and only time in Alaska I think I was south of where you are now, but it was August and it stayed light til past midnight. Very unsettling. Methinks the kayaks may not be such a good idea. Bears can swim, you know. And you kids likely all look very tasty to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love the picture of Rosie and the bear! The bear looked frozen in fear at Rosie's fierce protection of her posse!

    ReplyDelete