Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I'm a believer


I don't know why I keep photographing mosquitos except for the fact that we were warned of the size they are! I should have brought along a bigger can of repellent!

So, the book to own as one travels to and through Alaska is called Milepost. It is published every year with road condition updates, things to do and see, roadside pullouts, wayside attractions ....milepost by milepost. It is quite intriguing actually. As I was skimming through it I noticed this "knotty shop" souvenir store with an ad that read...show this ad and receive 1 free single scoop ice cream. Ok....I'm a cheap skate! If she hadn't signed my book I very well may have detoured my trip planner to come back this way! Yes, the mocha ice cream was delicious!
Upon exiting with cone in hand and mouth I was pretty sure I had overdosed on sugar. Really, what's wrong with this picture! I guess anything goes in Alaska!
All those years of package car driving during Christmas peak I never once thought that the North Pole was real! Well, we are still 55 miles away. Let's just see....I still don't believe.

My Oh My! It really does exsist! It also looks like Nancy and I just can't get enough of delivering either!

Here's the old guys abode! Looks pretty fancy. Let's go get a peek inside!

Holy smokes! His elves have been quite busy so far! The sign on his big red chair said that he was taking the day off. He must be really tired from instructing the elfs. You know, supervisors get like that!

The street lights were lined in candy canes.....

Even McDonalds! What's this town coming to?

I would have a picture of the welcome to Fairbanks, BUT, my nose was in my milepost finding directions to our next pitch. So this is what you get.....another free park with several events to offer!

A person can really get hungry driving the wagon train. We washed the dust from our dresses, invested in dangling garb and set out for the true Alaskan experience.

Between the salad bar shack and the dessert shack there is no question where Loretta spent most of her eating participation! Well, the cone had worn off by then!

Back in the saddle! As they say....if you can'tcatch 'em, ride 'em! Yippee! Come on Nancy! See how fun it is!

Ya Spencie! Loads of fun! Get me off of here!

No comments:

Post a Comment