Saturday, June 16, 2012

Time to work


We arrived in Whitehorse, the capitol of the Yukon Territory, yesterday. The trail is becoming increasingly dusty and with a little rain would quickly become thick mud. This city is rich in history and takes pride in the Klondike Paddlewheeler steamship that supplied many sourdough (experienced) miners down river in Dawson City with dry provisions and warm beer.
Let's go take a look.....


oh....you see Nancy found the stash right away! Now if she could just figure out how to "sneak" one off  without being noticed!
Though it wouldn't have the same effect, I suggested that she drink this instead.

We left the paddlewheel without any goods so we hitched up the horses to the wagon and rode to town for groceries. Beautiful downtown Whitehorse was bustling with miners and maidens.

what else is there do do with all the wheels that fall of the wagons than to build a structure of art?

The Yukon River slices through town. I can see that if I follow the river I might find a place to pan for some gold. But first I must adorn the proper dress attire as not to be noticed foraging on any staked claim. If I stay close enough to the ground I would be seen as a

RACCOON!!! Anybody see one?


For fear of being shot by hunters I removed my decoy and proceeded to find a peaceful area to pan for my riches. 

I had crossed the Yukon River and looked back upon the city. My lips were dry and my desire to quench my thirst was in my every thought. I tightened my boots, tucked my pan under my arm and hiked back to town.....goldless.

Looks like I can fill my needs of thirst and strike it rich without any gold in my pocket!

2 comments:

  1. LB looks good in her Yukon Jack garb. Was the beer really worth freezing for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beer always tastes good after a long dusty trail ride! :)

    ReplyDelete